Don't Let Go

Don't Let Go
An Oliver & Felix Memory

Oliver sat in bed, holding his knees to his chest. Tears rolled down his cheeks as he thought about the prior night. His heartfelt broken and he couldn't concentrate to process his thoughts. There was a light knock at the door, but Oliver didn't react. Moments later, another knock was heard before the door was pushed open. "Oliver, I'm sorry. Are you ok?" Felix asked, sitting on the edge of the bed. Felix was a new partner, a dark-skinned Hispanic man who was much older than he. They had met at a club Felix was working at as a House Dj. The two instantly connected and had a pleasant time getting to know one another after his shift. Oliver didn't answer him but instead leaned against him. Felix wrapped his arm around the smaller frame and kissed the top of his head. "I know you're upset about what happened. I didn't mean to hurt or betray you. You know I do care about you, yea? I promise to try better, to love you in a way you understand." Felix said quietly. He pushed Oliver back against the bed and held him close, kissing him again on the forehead, moving stray hairs from his face. "You truly are beautiful." He smiled as Oliver curled closer into his arms.  Felix held Oliver and listened to him breathe. He felt bad, he had never imagined their chance meeting to turn into anything more then friends or even friends with benefits. Oliver had grown attached and wanted more. They would spend nights with one another, and Felix even got to know Oliver's daughter. He stared up at the ceiling and sighed thinking about his next move. Oliver had walked in on him flirting with someone else, a woman no less. He closed his eyes and furrowed his brow, he didn't want to lose Oliver. He had become precious to him. "Oliver, are you awake?" He spoke softly nudging the boy in his arms. Oliver sat up and looked down at him through red, swollen, and tired eyes.  "If you'll have me, I promise I won't ever hurt you again." Oliver smiled upon hearing these words and leaned down and kissed Felix, climbing onto his lap. He felt Felix's strong arms wrap around him, holding him tighter. "Let's go to bed." 

Comments